Sturdy construction, Dual HDMI out, 3D, WiFi built in, web apps, quad Burr Brown precessors, High quality internals, great customizability on video and especially sound, Great remote. Super fast loading times!!!
Looks nice on its own, but mirror finish and brushed metal clashes with classic black components. Rear USB only for skype camera, not media sources.
After reading many reviews I decided to go with this player. I went with the DMP-BDT320 initially, but decided to spend the extra cash and get the 500. Well worth it. Very well built, all the options and settings will blow your mind if you you are used to $200 and below players. I am still trying to figure out what sound settings I prefer ;p Picture quality is nice, vibrant along with smooth motion(viewing on Samsung PN58C8000) 3D is great, pops just like it should. Wifi seems to keep up easily with web apps, I primarily use VUDU for my movie streaming. Streaming audio works great except I need to nerd up a little, this player will stream FLAC files, but will only access my Windows Media Player.....which doesnt support FLAC files...go figure. It does have a front USB for media hard drives or jump drives, but it would drive me nuts to have the flap open and something protruding, so I will stick to streaming....and the Pandora app, which works great with built in screensaver. On a final note, the remote control....most reviewers hate it...I think its great. The touchpad is surprisingly intuitive and easy to get a hang of, even my wife figured it out!!! Panasonic put some thought into it and even has a flip up bottom exposing some picture quality buttons.
Ease of use. The remote has a touchpad which is very sensitive and unique. The 3-d is exceptional along with all others as expected. Has both wifi and ethernet. Very compatible with my Mitsu 82" DLP.
Compared to other Panasonic players it takes a little amount of time to get used to the functioning of the player. A minor drawback
I have had 6 panasonic players. All of which have functioned very well. The design and output of this unit is exceptional. I have not had as much time to play with this unit as much as I would like but each time adds more joy and ease of use. The use both Amazon prime and netflix and the streaming is excellent with bothe services. I have close to 1000 blurays and it makes the marginal ones look good and the great ones look fantastic. It is the best of them all and with 3D is is a great picture. It is really hard to say something bad about this player. Enjoy!
Sleek, modern styling; Sturdy Construction; Built-in Wi-Fi; Analog/Digital connections; Fast load time
Touchpad can be annoying after a while; Wi-Fi connection slower than my 40GB PS3
Pioneer Elite VSX-40 AVR
DefTech ProCinema 600 5.1 Surround System
Panamax M-5300 Power Management System
Monster HDMI 1000 cables from BDT500 to AVR and AVR to TV ( I know already. My buddy with an Electrial Enginering degree already schooled me on digital transmission.)
Audio Quality: 4.5
BluRay: 4.5 (due to my issues with dual HDMI config)
- Slightly improved vs 40GB PS3. It was nice to see something other than Linear PCM go across my AVR's screen.
- Note: Had audio issues with dual HDMI configuration. Don't know what was going on, but audio was going in and out at odd times.
- Played Alicia Keys new cd and noticed great clarity and depth in the music. Only CD I've tested so far.
Picture Quality: 5.0
- Noticed slight improvements from my 40GB PS3 as far as shadow detail. Great picture.
- Speed: Definitely slower than my PS3 to get started. But no hiccups once it got going.
- Netflix: Great picture and improved from PS3.
- Pandora: No hiccups at all.
- Easy to navigate and very customizable.
- Can create multiple profiles for player.(no value for me)
Build Quality: 4.5 (when compared to an Oppo)
- Brushed aluminum chassis.
- Mirrored-plastic flip down front that looks really slick.
- Player has some weight to it, compared to the lower end models.
Hope this helps when looking into this player. I am having a blast learning new things with this player. Trying to learn how to use the Wi-Fi Direct feature to stream music to it. Overall I give this player a 4.5 rating.